One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Variation of the phase of a radio or other wave as a means of carrying information such as an audio signal.
- ‘The system carries out a new phase scan to determine the remaining spectral phase modulation (usually about 10% of the original).’
- ‘Phase Jitter is the unwanted phase modulation of a primary signal by one or more other signals through the transmission process.’
- ‘The amplitude and phase modulation of the NMR-signal as a function of the displacement encoding steps can be Fourier transformed to obtain the propagator.’
- ‘This rotation can cause amplitude and phase modulation of the GPS signal, reducing navigation performance and effectiveness of traditional anti-jam systems.’
- ‘Changes in the wavelength for the maximum signal are used to directly determine the spectral phase modulation of the femtosecond pulse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.