One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Medical treatment by means of drugs.
- ‘We have moved from an era of inappropriate prostatectomy for nocturia and other irritative symptoms by urologists to one of inappropriate pharmacotherapy by general practitioners, at massive cost.’
- ‘Stein and colleagues searched for published and unpublished trials of pharmacotherapy for treatment of social phobia.’
- ‘If weight loss does not occur within the first four weeks of pharmacotherapy, the medication or its dosage should be reevaluated.’
- ‘If symptoms are severe enough to prevent effective trauma-focused therapy, pharmacotherapy is warranted as a next step.’
- ‘Although people commonly think of a placebo as a component of pharmacotherapy, the placebo effect may also exert powerful effects on surgical outcomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.