One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine concerned with the uses, effects, and modes of action of drugs.‘pharmacological treatment for depression’
- ‘The treatment of PTSD has received a surge of interest recently with an increasing number of controlled pharmacologic trials.’
- ‘The paediatrician should emphasise that addiction is a pharmacological property of the drug.’
- ‘Many herbs have powerful pharmacological properties, some of which can harm the baby or decrease the production of milk.’
- ‘Ritalin is an amphetamine-like drug, a controlled substance with similar pharmacological properties to cocaine.’
- ‘He only scratches the surface of the social benefits of having multiple medications available within the same pharmacological class.’
- ‘Such treatment may be augmented or substituted with various pharmacological options.’
- ‘The treatment of paraphilias using pharmacological agents is well established.’
- ‘The study suggests an explanation why these drugs may not be the 'pharmacologic panacea' for generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘These illnesses do not require pharmacological or behavioral treatment.’
- ‘The purpose of my article was to draw readers' attention to risks of pharmacological drugs used in labour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.