One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the branch of medicine concerned with the uses, effects, and modes of action of drugs.‘pharmacological treatment for depression’
- ‘He only scratches the surface of the social benefits of having multiple medications available within the same pharmacological class.’
- ‘Ritalin is an amphetamine-like drug, a controlled substance with similar pharmacological properties to cocaine.’
- ‘These illnesses do not require pharmacological or behavioral treatment.’
- ‘The purpose of my article was to draw readers' attention to risks of pharmacological drugs used in labour.’
- ‘The study suggests an explanation why these drugs may not be the 'pharmacologic panacea' for generalized anxiety disorder.’
- ‘Many herbs have powerful pharmacological properties, some of which can harm the baby or decrease the production of milk.’
- ‘The treatment of paraphilias using pharmacological agents is well established.’
- ‘Such treatment may be augmented or substituted with various pharmacological options.’
- ‘The treatment of PTSD has received a surge of interest recently with an increasing number of controlled pharmacologic trials.’
- ‘The paediatrician should emphasise that addiction is a pharmacological property of the drug.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.