Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[treated as singular] The branch of pharmacology concerned with the movement of drugs within the body.
- ‘As oral cephalosporins have poor pharmacokinetics it would seem that amoxicillin or amoxicillin-clavulanate should usually be the first choice for therapy.’
- ‘Methadone's unique pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics make it a valuable option in the management of cancer pain and other chronic pain, including neuropathic pain states.’
- ‘Because of the large inter-individual variability in indomethacin pharmacokinetic in neonates, it is to be established to what degree the patient characteristics influence the pharmacokinetics of drugs.’
- ‘For those who teach basic principles of medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or pharmacokinetics this book provides a valuable resource for examples and mechanisms of drug-drug interactions.’
- ‘Genetics influence drug efficacy and pharmacokinetics in individuals through variability uptake and metabolism of medications.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.