One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of genetics concerned with determining the likely response of an individual to therapeutic drugs.
- ‘The future of medicine is poised to undergo a sea change leading to an improved diagnostics for diseases, earlier detection of genetic predisposition to diseases, gene therapy and pharmacogenomics for custom drugs.’
- ‘This new science, pharmacogenomics, aims to predict both good and adverse clinical responses to individual drugs.’
- ‘The future of personalized pharmacogenomics and of defining genetic susceptibility to disease promises a true revolution in how medicine will be practiced.’
- ‘The company promises new molecular-based tests in disease predisposition, cancer screening, cancer therapy selection, and pharmacogenomics.’
- ‘However, pharmacogenomics relates to drug response, not disease risk, and it remains to be seen how a better understanding of the genetic factors involved in therapy may impact on understandings of illness, normality and stigma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.