One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of pharmacology concerned with the effect of genetic factors on reactions to drugs.
- ‘Just as the new field of pharmacogenetics aims to match drugs to unique genetic physiology, a new field of therapeuto-genetics could use individual genetics to prescribe customized social interventions.’
- ‘In addition to providing patients specific anticancer drug therapies, pharmacogenetics will aid in the clinician's ability to predict adverse reactions before they occur and identify the potentials for complications.’
- ‘Therapeutics also needs to be studied in relationship to genetic factors, i.e., pharmacogenetics.’
- ‘It will come to pass, in the very near future, that we will be using pharmacogenetics to guide our therapeutic interventions in our patients with asthma.’
- ‘The identification of specific genetic variations that underpin cardiovascular disease is providing new opportunities for diagnostic testing, pharmacogenetics, and drug development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.