Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who is professionally qualified to prepare and dispense medicinal drugs.
- ‘Your pharmacist can advise you on simple medicines and/or gripe water that will help prevent colic.’
- ‘Follow instructions on the packaging or check the dosage with your pharmacist.’
- ‘In brief, the general practitioner writes a prescription which the patient takes to the pharmacist.’
- ‘The health team members include medical doctors, pharmacists, nurses and many others.’
- ‘They were both trained pharmacists and owned a chemists shop in Tarnow where they dispensed medicines.’
- ‘Ask your pharmacist for advice and always follow the instructions about dosage.’
- ‘Taking antihistamine tablets may also help reduce itching - ask your pharmacist for advice.’
- ‘Drug stocks in the warehouse are recorded regularly by the pharmacists using web based stock cards.’
- ‘Anyone who wishes to identify an unknown drug can check the code on the pill and ask a pharmacist.’
- ‘We examined data on all NHS methadone prescriptions dispensed by community pharmacists in England.’
- ‘Ask your pharmacist for an over-the-counter insecticide lotion or crème rinse.’
- ‘The oral rinses were dispensed by pharmacists and were administered by staff nurses.’
- ‘Men also access health information from pharmacists much less than do women.’
- ‘Talk to a pharmacist regarding the drug's potential risk at least, if not your doctor.’
- ‘If you notice that the eczema gets worse, it is important that you talk to your pharmacist or doctor to discuss alternatives.’
- ‘Most pharmacists who suspect a drug is being abused either refuse to sell the product or claim it is out of stock.’
- ‘Call your pharmacist or doctor if you do not know if the medicine has aspirin in it.’
- ‘Patient medication records are a requirement for professional standards of good practice for pharmacists.’
- ‘In Manitoba alone, pharmacists are already reporting drug shortages and prices are rising.’
- ‘The decision will keep the drug behind counters so pharmacists can control sales.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.