One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Priests were the main practitioners of magic in pharaonic Egypt, where they were seen as guardians of a secret knowledge given by the gods to humanity to ‘ward off the blows of fate’.’
- ‘Ancient Egyptians left behind a rich artistic heritage in the form of pyramids, pharaonic painting and sculpture, hieroglyphics, and architecture.’
- ‘In about 3100 B.C., Egypt was united under a ruler known as Mena, or Menes, who inaugurated the 30 pharaonic dynasties into which Egypt's ancient history is divided - the Old and the Middle Kingdoms and the New Empire.’
- ‘Also discovered during two years of undersea exploration were jewellery and the head of a pharaonic statue of a sphinx.’
- ‘The Great Pyramid at Giza is the best-known and largest of the pyramids constructed between the Third Dynasty and the Thirteenth Dynasty of Egypt's pharaonic age.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.