Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a phalanx or the phalanges.
- ‘Middle and proximal phalangeal fractures should be examined for evidence of angulation (by roentgenography) or rotation (by clinical examination), which require reduction.’
- ‘A tooth may penetrate an extensor tendon and MCP joint capsule, sometimes fracturing a metacarpal or phalangeal bone.’
- ‘The finger and thumb flexors were transected at the proximal interphalangeal joint and metacarpal phalangeal joint, respectively.’
- ‘The extremities showed stigmata of rheumatoid arthritis with symmetrical swelling of the proximal interphalangeal joints and limited range of motion and swelling of the metacarpal phalangeal joints bilaterally.’
- ‘Most midphalangeal fractures are caused by direct blows and result in transverse fractures, whereas distal phalangeal fractures are usually a result of crushing injuries occasionally accompanied by nail-bed injuries.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.