One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the resolving phase, the accumulated neutrophils undergo apoptosis and are subsequently phagocytosed by macrophages.’
- ‘Interestingly, the positive cells and associated debris were mainly located within lacunae, indicating that most lytically infected cells were phagocytosed by the infiltrated macrophages.’
- ‘However, eventually cells break into fragments, forming apoptotic bodies that are phagocytosed by macrophages or neighboring reticuloendothelial cells.’
- ‘The patient's platelets were phagocytosed by her own neutrophilic granulocytes.’
- ‘The dying cell is finally phagocytosed by scavenger cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.