One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The endothelium of the blood vessels phagocytizes carbon particles, whereas other cells are supposed to remain free of carbon.’
- ‘In the case of the red blood cell, the useless heterochromatin is eventually ejected from the cell and phagocytized by macrophages.’
- ‘Although dendritic cells phagocytize apoptotic and necrotic cells to the same degree, only engulfment of necrotic cells induces dendritic cell maturation.’
- ‘The nodes contain macrophages, phagocytic cells that engulf (phagocytize) and destroy bacteria, dead tissue, and other foreign matter, removing them from the bloodstream.’
- ‘Faint, brown, moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma, some of which were phagocytized by giant cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.