Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for bacteriophage
- ‘The strain of staphylococci are recognized by natural virus parasites called phages.’
- ‘Bacterial viruses are called phages, and phage therapy, while about a century old, is making a bit of a comeback, perhaps as a substitute for antibiotics.’
- ‘Bacteriophages, or phages, infect bacteria in order to reproduce inside.’
- ‘Research shows phages may help reduce Salmonella contamination on fresh-cut fruits’
- ‘Unbound phages were separated from phages bound to antibodies in normal plasma by centrifugation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.