One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A zoo at which visitors, especially children, may handle and feed the animals.
- ‘In front of the store is a mini petting zoo filled with goats, chickens and other animals the kids can meet face to face.’
- ‘I felt like a little kid in a petting zoo delighting in the animal's velvet soft muzzle as it gently took corn and grain from my hand.’
- ‘As usual, the recently-born animals in the petting zoo were the biggest hit, but many also enjoyed a ride on the grounds in the horse-drawn wagon and a puppet show under the big tent.’
- ‘One of the unique things about Fall Harvest is that it is actually a small, working farm, so children can interact with animals beyond the scope of the petting zoo by helping with feedings or collecting eggs from the hen house.’
- ‘When Rowena and her sister were little, their father took them to a petting zoo and bravely went up and fed one of the llamas a handful of food pellets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.