One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A zoo at which visitors, especially children, may handle and feed the animals.
- ‘As usual, the recently-born animals in the petting zoo were the biggest hit, but many also enjoyed a ride on the grounds in the horse-drawn wagon and a puppet show under the big tent.’
- ‘I felt like a little kid in a petting zoo delighting in the animal's velvet soft muzzle as it gently took corn and grain from my hand.’
- ‘When Rowena and her sister were little, their father took them to a petting zoo and bravely went up and fed one of the llamas a handful of food pellets.’
- ‘In front of the store is a mini petting zoo filled with goats, chickens and other animals the kids can meet face to face.’
- ‘One of the unique things about Fall Harvest is that it is actually a small, working farm, so children can interact with animals beyond the scope of the petting zoo by helping with feedings or collecting eggs from the hen house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.