One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather pettily, he made a point of correcting an error in his autobiography.’
- ‘While Flores alone was ultimately responsible for his actions, it sounds to me like he was unnecessarily and pettily hounded to a point where he felt he could no longer function.’
- ‘In its last days Rome panicked and grew authoritarian, but feebly, pettily so.’
- ‘Juan Sara was rather pettily sent off the other week for handling the ball after having proudly flashed his dedication to Jesus, the message to the Almighty he wears on the T-shirt under his Dundee top.’
- ‘When did politics become so pettily intrusive that government agencies think it their business to pontificate on the contents of our children's lunch boxes?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.