An establishment selling petrol and oil (and sometimes also other supplies and services) for motor vehicles.
petrol station, service stationView synonyms
- ‘There was actually traffic at the main junction, and I had to queue for service at the petrol station.’
- ‘We stop at the last petrol station before France to fill up on diesel and there is an argument in progress at the till.’
- ‘The store applied for an alcohol licence to cover not only the supermarket shelves, but also the shop at the petrol station.’
- ‘They had helped push it to a petrol station to get some fuel before he drove off without paying.’
- ‘After this I washed the car manually using the jet wash thing in the petrol station near Mcdonalds.’