Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An establishment selling petrol and oil (and sometimes also other supplies and services) for motor vehicles.
petrol station, service stationView synonyms
- ‘There was actually traffic at the main junction, and I had to queue for service at the petrol station.’
- ‘We stop at the last petrol station before France to fill up on diesel and there is an argument in progress at the till.’
- ‘The store applied for an alcohol licence to cover not only the supermarket shelves, but also the shop at the petrol station.’
- ‘They had helped push it to a petrol station to get some fuel before he drove off without paying.’
- ‘After this I washed the car manually using the jet wash thing in the petrol station near Mcdonalds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.