One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An establishment selling petrol and oil (and sometimes also other supplies and services) for motor vehicles.
service stationView synonyms
- ‘The store applied for an alcohol licence to cover not only the supermarket shelves, but also the shop at the petrol station.’
- ‘After this I washed the car manually using the jet wash thing in the petrol station near Mcdonalds.’
- ‘There was actually traffic at the main junction, and I had to queue for service at the petrol station.’
- ‘They had helped push it to a petrol station to get some fuel before he drove off without paying.’
- ‘We stop at the last petrol station before France to fill up on diesel and there is an argument in progress at the till.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.