One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of equipment installed in a petrol station to dispense petrol or diesel into the fuel tank of a motor vehicle.‘the family-run garage has reopened after new petrol pumps were installed’‘motorists faced delays at petrol pumps as campaigners launched a protest at an oil firm's plans to drill in the Arctic’
- ‘Only 14 years of age at the time, he had been working as a petrol pump attendant.’
- ‘The people are great and I really enjoy meeting them when I'm driving around or get chatting to them at the petrol pump.’
- ‘Adjoining was the garage with petrol pumps out the front.’
- ‘Falling international oil prices have seen significant price reductions at the petrol pumps in recent times.’
- ‘In his later life he operated the petrol pumps at Sligo Motor Company High Street in the evenings.’
- ‘The last thing that the motorist needs is to be ripped off at the petrol pumps.’
- ‘The real impact of the oil crisis is being felt at the petrol pumps and in the central heating market.’
- ‘The premises comprises of a lounge bar, function room, shop, petrol pumps and ancillary store.’
- ‘Petrol pump prices have been reflecting the uncertainty created by the threat of war for some time.’
- ‘They turned into the gravelled main street and drew up at the petrol pumps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.