One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sediments and lavas were correlated in the field and by subsequent petrographic analysis of volcanic components and textures of deposits.’
- ‘Various combinations of these processes are invoked to account for the range of geochemical and petrographic features in tale-alkaline continental margin volcanic arc suites.’
- ‘Interpretation of these spherules as impact-related has been challenged, but is supported by petrographic contrasts with volcanic ejecta, iridium and related siderophile anomalies, Ni-rich spinels and chromium isotopes.’
- ‘To assign the interbedded sedimentary strata to the correct system it is, however, necessary to incorporate biostratigraphic and petrographic data.’
- ‘Destructive geochemical methods are commonly combined with petrographic methods (thin sections, stained sections, cathodoluminescence) to interpret the history of rock cementation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.