One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The formation of rocks, especially igneous and metamorphic rocks.
- ‘The petrogenesis of igneous rocks in the Albany-Fraser Province is not well constrained, although U-Pb zircon geochronology establishes that most granitic protoliths were not tectonically reworked Yilgarn Craton.’
- ‘Some back-arc basalt samples from the East Scotia Sea have high alumina characteristics, suggesting the involvement of subduction-modified mantle sources in their petrogenesis.’
- ‘Most arc magmas have also undergone complex fractionation and contamination paths, which make attempts to quantify their petrogenesis difficult.’
- ‘The petrogenesis and tectonic setting of the supersuite, and cogenetic felsic volcanic rocks, has been discussed in some detail by Griffin et al..’
- ‘Petrogenesis Igneous petrogenesis is the process or set of processes by which igneous rocks are formed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.