Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The formation of rocks, especially igneous and metamorphic rocks.
- ‘The petrogenesis of igneous rocks in the Albany-Fraser Province is not well constrained, although U-Pb zircon geochronology establishes that most granitic protoliths were not tectonically reworked Yilgarn Craton.’
- ‘Most arc magmas have also undergone complex fractionation and contamination paths, which make attempts to quantify their petrogenesis difficult.’
- ‘The petrogenesis and tectonic setting of the supersuite, and cogenetic felsic volcanic rocks, has been discussed in some detail by Griffin et al..’
- ‘Petrogenesis Igneous petrogenesis is the process or set of processes by which igneous rocks are formed.’
- ‘Some back-arc basalt samples from the East Scotia Sea have high alumina characteristics, suggesting the involvement of subduction-modified mantle sources in their petrogenesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.