One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of computing speed equal to one thousand million million (10¹⁵) floating-point operations per second.
- ‘Its computational power has now surpassed the five petaflops mark.’
- ‘Commissioned by the National Science Foundation, it would be the fastest computer in the world, the first to break the petaflop barrier.’
- ‘Various experts made estimates of the long-range computing power needed for their disciplines in units of petaflops.’
- ‘That topped the list in June with a rate of 1.75 petaflops.’
- ‘With two stages of enhancements, its performance will grow to in excess of one petaflop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.