One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjectivepeskiest, peskierNorth American
Causing trouble; annoying.‘a pesky younger brother’
damned, damn, damnable, wretched, accursed, rotten, horribleView synonyms
- ‘Trim as necessary and adhere to the top of the wood making sure to get out any pesky air bubbles.’
- ‘In Glasgow or on the west Coast, you can barely walk down the road without bumping into a pesky little trattoria.’
- ‘It turns out that mosquitoes are a pesky problem on his island in the South Pacific.’
- ‘Jack needs to get rid of these pesky aphids and he needs the money to buy insecticide.’
- ‘Any pesky remnants of feelings she used to have for him would just have to be dealt with later.’
Late 18th century: perhaps related to pest.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.