Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for flatfoot
- ‘Conditions that increase tension on the plantar fascia and may cause pain include pes planus, pes cavus, decreased subtalar joint mobility, and a tight Achilles tendon.’
- ‘For individuals with pes planus, shoes with longitudinal arch support can help decrease the pain associated with long periods of standing.’
- ‘I assessed muscle imbalances relating to contracted and fibrotic hamstrings, knee dysfunction as well as pes planus of the feet.’
- ‘Orthotic shoe inserts may be effective for pain relief in patients with pes planus, hyperpronation or a cavus foot.’
- ‘Individuals with pes planus (low arches or flat feet) or pes cavus (high arches) are at increased risk for developing plantar fasciitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.