Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for claw foot
- ‘If other members of the family have similar symptoms, pes cavus, or claw toes, the patient may have hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy.’
- ‘However, individuals with pes cavus are also potentially at risk.’
- ‘Individuals with pes planus (low arches or flat feet) or pes cavus (high arches) are at increased risk for developing plantar fasciitis.’
- ‘Conditions that increase tension on the plantar fascia and may cause pain include pes planus, pes cavus, and a tight Achilles tendon.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.