One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I'm not sure that's polite,’ Sunny said pertly.’
- ‘‘Oh, as if it isn't already obvious,’ she said pertly.’
- ‘And Sunday shirts were always white with collars starched to make them stand up pertly around the neck.’
- ‘Skye leaned up against the wall, crossing her arms pertly.’
- ‘The eldest, Gloria, is a poised beauty, while Dolly and Phil are pertly precocious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.