One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Skye leaned up against the wall, crossing her arms pertly.’
- ‘‘I'm not sure that's polite,’ Sunny said pertly.’
- ‘‘Oh, as if it isn't already obvious,’ she said pertly.’
- ‘The eldest, Gloria, is a poised beauty, while Dolly and Phil are pertly precocious.’
- ‘And Sunday shirts were always white with collars starched to make them stand up pertly around the neck.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.