One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More pertinently, however, was the fact that the possibility of a union between the associations north and south never reached the discussion stage.’
- ‘More pertinently, it denied Dublin a series of point-scoring opportunities which was inexcusable when the margin between them was minimal.’
- ‘Or - perhaps more pertinently - was it in fact as discomforting as it sought to be?’
- ‘More pertinently, the respective performances suggest that neither side can be too confident going into the championship in a month's time.’
- ‘More pertinently, tomorrow afternoon our bathroom will be hosting that guy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.