Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Easily persuaded; amenable.‘they need to identify the most persuadable voters’
easily persuaded, amenable, adaptable, accommodating, cooperative, malleable, pliable, compliant, flexible, acquiescent, tractable, pliant, yielding, biddable, complaisant, like putty in one's hands, impressionable, manageable, manipulable, influenceable, suggestible, susceptiblepersuasible, suasible, convincible, susceptiveView synonyms
- ‘Again, these numbers do not reflect the cost of reaching a persuadable voter.’
- ‘Paid media focused on the most persuadable voters.’
- ‘You must discern the most important issue for persuadable voters in your district.’
- ‘Well, there are so many undecided or persuadable people.’
- ‘Given that conclusion, you can certainly surmise that early voters are less persuadable than Election Day voters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.