One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Solid transparent plastic made of polymethyl methacrylate (the same material as Plexiglas or Lucite)‘the scratched Perspex in the windows’as modifier ‘a clear Perspex plate’
- ‘It's quite weird because they're squashed between bits of transparent perspex, so you can see them in their flattened state.’
- ‘The perspex cover was also screwed in place with polished stainless screws.’
- ‘The clear perspex side panels and bigger wind deflectors are optional.’
- ‘I suggest you get small pieces of glass or perspex and use these as the final filter.’
- ‘In 1966 he abandoned painting for sculpture in perspex and neon, then turned to photography, film, and Conceptual art.’
1930s: formed irregularly from Latin perspicere ‘look through’, from per- ‘through’ + specere ‘to look’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.