Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A collection of personality traits which are thought to occur together consistently, especially as determined by a certain pattern of responses to a personality inventory.‘individuals in the study would commonly produce patterned responses which could be ascribed to particular personality types’‘the way she behaves during the grief process will depend very much on her personality type and previous life experiences’
- ‘They are generally prescribed according to our personality type or the prevailing state of mind during a particular illness.’
- ‘Yet, the fact is that very few people, including clergy, have the personality type or gifts to be bold leaders.’
- ‘In order to recognize a particular personality type, the authors suggest taking note of specific linguistic cues.’
- ‘Does a person have to be a certain personality type to be an effective leader?’
- ‘In this study, we focus on five characteristics: individual competitiveness, personality type, age, gender and major.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.