Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of questionnaire designed to reveal the respondent's personality traits.‘the Eysenck personality inventory is frequently used to assess the personalities of psychiatric patients’
- ‘At each age, the women completed personality inventories and answered questions on a variety of topics including marriage, family and work.’
- ‘The same group also scored higher than others on the ‘openness’ scale of the five-factor personality inventory.’
- ‘There are several types of interest, workplace, and personality inventories that can be administered to help you obtain a profile of strong points about yourself.’
- ‘The most commonly used test has been the California personality inventory.’
- ‘The MBTI is a widely used personality inventory with positive evidence of its construct validity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.