One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An individual who is paid to assist another to purchase goods, either by accompanying them while shopping or by shopping on their behalf.
- ‘Consumption has been elevated to an art form, complete with megamalls, personal shoppers and stores that sell containers to hold more stuff.’
- ‘Another service to be launched next month is a personal shopper facility, available by appointment, to help clients select items to give their homes an individual touch.’
- ‘At both stores, personal shoppers discuss your style requirements, then scour the fashion floors on your behalf while you relax in a private fitting room.’
- ‘I plan to use a personal shopper to find the missing pieces that will pull it all together.’
- ‘You want muscles, the same way that young teenage girls want personal shoppers.’
- ‘Our personal shopper told the customer that he would get right back to him.’
- ‘When she didn't respond, I forwarded her articles about people who'd started businesses as party planners, matchmakers, and personal shoppers.’
- ‘See, being a personal shopper isn't all fancy clothes, rich customers and great shops; it's more old ladies who can't get out of the house any more.’
- ‘I was panicking like mad about what to wear but the personal shopper was fantastic and the service doesn't cost anything.’
- ‘They also may use a personal shopper for items that are frequently ordered.’
- ‘I should opt for a job as a life coach, personal shopper, life assistant or a pet natural therapist.’
- ‘The couple will also be given £500 to spend with the advice of personal shoppers at the Harvey Nichols store in Leeds on Sunday.’
- ‘Heathrow even has personal shoppers to help you navigate its several hundred shops.’
- ‘By the way, don't forget to show your appreciation to a diligent personal shopper with a tip in a holiday card dropped off the next time you are in that store.’
- ‘Many higher-end department and specialty stores have personal shoppers to assist you.’
- ‘Make an appointment with a personal shopper at a local department store.’
- ‘Many of the staff will be trained as personal shoppers to help customers find their perfect outfit or as concierges working in the store's planned food hall.’
- ‘They deserve a praise, a personal shopper and a block of cheese.’
- ‘Do you know a gallery owner, a set-dresser, a high-end decorator or a personal shopper?’
- ‘Rachel considers quitting her job as a personal shopper until she meets her new customer, Joshua.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.