Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Commercial services such as catering and cleaning that supply the personal needs of customers.‘workers in the personal services’
- ‘Contracts claim to be for nonpersonal services but are administered on a personal services basis.’
- ‘Among services, it is the community, social and personal services group that is expected to show the sharpest decline.’
- ‘Emotion work is seen in a whole range of personal services, from retail and catering to airline cabin crews.’
- ‘At the moment, the council operates a means-tested charging policy for personal services which affects around 2,400 people in the city.’
- ‘But in areas of part-time employment, in hospitality and personal services, I would have thought that other things would be very important.’
- ‘However, financing, real estate, business services, and community and personal services moderated the services sector growth.’
- ‘Though I would understand if those who have narrow views concerning the personal services industry might prefer not to read anything on this subject.’
- ‘Preethy said because she targeted middle and upper-income consumers, she offered personal services such as providing free drinks at her boutiques.’
- ‘You can't force somebody in a personal services contract.’
- ‘In the information technology and personal services sectors, however, a different trend is taking place.’
- ‘Roughly 28 percent were employed in community or personal services, 20 percent in wholesale or retail trade, 16 percent in manufacturing, and 10 percent in agriculture.’
- ‘In the case of many one-to-one personal services, the service provider's own personnel constitute by far the most important element of the total service offering.’
- ‘This would provide a libertarian rationale for not enforcing personal services contracts.’
- ‘Manufacturing, hotels or the personal services sector continues to attract most early school leavers.’
- ‘Both deliver personal services that may be better delivered by much smaller institutions.’
- ‘The range of average annual increases was between 3.1% in the recreational and personal services area to 4.5% in construction.’
- ‘The word ‘service’ in the second clause isn't modified by the word ‘personal,’ indicating that there are services that aren't personal services.’
- ‘Forty-four percent of minority entrepreneurs are in the service industry, with nearly half providing business or personal services.’
- ‘Subsequently, the city thrived on tourism and the provision of financial, business, and personal services to Bay Area, regional, and transpacific customers.’
- ‘For Asia, its reputation for quality personal services and hospitality is a powerful asset on which to leverage an Asian hotel brand.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.