One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
All of someone's property except land and those interests in land that pass to their heirs.Compare with real property
- ‘Real property and personal property may have different rules applied to them.’
- ‘There are many items of personal property whose loss causes emotional distress that far outweighs their market value.’
- ‘Apart from pledge, English law divides security over personal property into mortgages and charges.’
- ‘Leases remain personal property to this day and the distinction can sometimes prove to be of importance.’
- ‘The ownership of land, as opposed to personal property, is subject to particular rules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.