One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
All of someone's property except land and those interests in land that pass to their heirs.Compare with real property
- ‘Real property and personal property may have different rules applied to them.’
- ‘The ownership of land, as opposed to personal property, is subject to particular rules.’
- ‘Leases remain personal property to this day and the distinction can sometimes prove to be of importance.’
- ‘Apart from pledge, English law divides security over personal property into mortgages and charges.’
- ‘There are many items of personal property whose loss causes emotional distress that far outweighs their market value.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.