Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pension scheme that is independent of the contributor's employer.
annuity, superannuationView synonyms
- ‘I have money in an NHS pension and in a personal pension with an insurance company.’
- ‘No, you can leave it by choosing to take out an occupational pension or personal pension.’
- ‘But if you want more control over your pension savings you have to set up a self-invested personal pension, which can be costly - and daunting.’
- ‘You can ask your ex-employer to transfer the value of your benefits into another company scheme or a personal pension.’
- ‘Members of personal pensions and stakeholder schemes can also normally take up to 25% of their fund tax-free.’
- ‘This could, in theory, either be an occupational scheme or a personal pension or stakeholder plan.’
- ‘As your employer does not provide a pension scheme, you must set up a personal pension plan.’
- ‘You shouldn't be offered a personal pension if a cheaper stakeholder is better suited to your needs.’
- ‘Estimates apply to both personal pensions and executive pensions.’
- ‘I took out a personal pension scheme in a managed fund two years ago and contributed about €8,000 to it.’
- ‘The self-employed can also use a personal pension to fund a pension mortgage; the tax advantages are very significant.’
- ‘It appears that, in any one year, only 1% of people with personal pensions switch them to a new provider.’
- ‘Contract-based schemes such as group personal pensions offer more choice, with between 20 and 70 funds.’
- ‘It is not possible to transfer money from a personal pension into an occupational pension scheme if you join one later.’
- ‘They are intended as an alternative to personal pensions for those without access to company pension schemes.’
- ‘This is grim news for its 2.3 million policyholders with mortgage endowments, personal pensions and with-profits bonds.’
- ‘Many cannot afford to buy into a personal pension scheme.’
- ‘Currently there are no such standards in either personal pensions plans or occupational pension schemes, according to the Board.’
- ‘Transfer my schemes into a personal pension that I control.’
- ‘Until stakeholder pensions came along, personal pensions were horrible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.