Physical injury inflicted to a person's body, as opposed to damage to property or reputation.‘there is a clause giving protection against liability for personal injury’count noun ‘an action for personal injuries caused at work’
- ‘The position is the same with a dangerous defect in a chattel which is discovered before it causes any personal injury or damage to property.’
- ‘The defendant law firm is a trial advocacy firm that does primarily personal injury litigation for plaintiffs.’
- ‘The requirements for personal injury claims and property damage claims were similar.’
- ‘He or she sues not only for personal injury but for damages for the loss or destruction of the motor vehicle.’
- ‘In an action for damages for personal injury, the claimant must prove either physical injury or a recognised psychiatric injury.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.