Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer program functioning as an address book, organizer, diary, etc.
- ‘Not just the personal information manager, or PIM, but all its software works that way.’
- ‘It also includes a personal information manager (calendar, address book, etc.), e-mail, a web browser and other utilities.’
- ‘To match it, the personal information manager has also been enhanced.’
- ‘I tried the personal information manager first.’
- ‘From simple text files to full-blown personal information managers, there's bound to be one method that fits your way of working.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.