One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for personal property
- ‘In the 1860 census, for example, Nicholas Hudson appears as a grocer with real estate valued at two thousand dollars and a personal estate worth only five hundred dollars.’
- ‘The entire country was the personal estate of the monarch who claimed and enforced his universal proprietorship.’
- ‘Alternatively, and finally, it falls within the expression ‘other real and personal estate, as the testator might be entitled to at the time of his death’.’
- ‘By transferring assets to a trust, the value of your personal estate will reduce, thus minimising Estate Duty and Executor's Fees payable by your estate.’
- ‘He provided information on personal estate planning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.