One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for personal property
- ‘The entire country was the personal estate of the monarch who claimed and enforced his universal proprietorship.’
- ‘Alternatively, and finally, it falls within the expression ‘other real and personal estate, as the testator might be entitled to at the time of his death’.’
- ‘In the 1860 census, for example, Nicholas Hudson appears as a grocer with real estate valued at two thousand dollars and a personal estate worth only five hundred dollars.’
- ‘He provided information on personal estate planning.’
- ‘By transferring assets to a trust, the value of your personal estate will reduce, thus minimising Estate Duty and Executor's Fees payable by your estate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.