Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for personal property
- ‘The entire country was the personal estate of the monarch who claimed and enforced his universal proprietorship.’
- ‘By transferring assets to a trust, the value of your personal estate will reduce, thus minimising Estate Duty and Executor's Fees payable by your estate.’
- ‘In the 1860 census, for example, Nicholas Hudson appears as a grocer with real estate valued at two thousand dollars and a personal estate worth only five hundred dollars.’
- ‘He provided information on personal estate planning.’
- ‘Alternatively, and finally, it falls within the expression ‘other real and personal estate, as the testator might be entitled to at the time of his death’.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.