One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But perplexingly, for most species, speckling patterns are often found to do a very poor job of helping eggs to blend in.’
- ‘But then, perplexingly the great animals died off.’
- ‘Most perplexingly, how has this blinding intolerance become so ‘normal’ that such questions are not even asked?’
- ‘In practice, the biographer has to choose not between lively and dull, but more subtly and perplexingly, between candid and glib.’
- ‘This is done usually at the behest of central bankers who are still somewhat perplexingly attached to strong currencies at all costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.