One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely baffled; very puzzled.‘she gave him a perplexed look’
- ‘His face screwed up into a perplexed expression.’
- ‘Sophie looked up at his perplexed face and started laughing.’
- ‘One has a look of perplexed surprise; the other, a haughty indifference.’
- ‘In a short moment a smile had formed on Seth's once perplexed face.’
- ‘That edginess was not helped by the sort of erratic refereeing which caused perplexed reactions in both technical areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.