One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation of play when a draw is obtained by repeated checking of the king.‘he clinched the title by forcing a draw by perpetual check’
- ‘The winning process is more difficult and the probability of a perpetual check is higher.’
- ‘Find a game where perpetual check can be forced from the third move.’
- ‘White forced perpetual check a few moves later.’
- ‘In this case, the move cripples White's queenside pawn structure and creates an important drawing scheme for Black: perpetual check.’
- ‘Black can prolong the game by checking white's king, but there seems to be no hope of drawing by perpetual check.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.