Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that catalyses the oxidation of a particular substrate by hydrogen peroxide.
- ‘They are detoxified by conversion to water via the enzyme peroxidase.’
- ‘The peroxidase catalyzes transfer of electrons between peroxide and another compound.’
- ‘In this regard, it has been proposed that there is participation of a peroxidase in the formation of the peroxide.’
- ‘The cells were fixed and the endogenous peroxidase was quenched as mentioned above.’
- ‘The color is produced through a double enzymatic reaction of glucose oxidase and peroxidase.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.