Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An enzyme that catalyses the oxidation of a particular substrate by hydrogen peroxide.
- ‘The color is produced through a double enzymatic reaction of glucose oxidase and peroxidase.’
- ‘They are detoxified by conversion to water via the enzyme peroxidase.’
- ‘The peroxidase catalyzes transfer of electrons between peroxide and another compound.’
- ‘The cells were fixed and the endogenous peroxidase was quenched as mentioned above.’
- ‘In this regard, it has been proposed that there is participation of a peroxidase in the formation of the peroxide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.