An aniseed-flavoured aperitif.
- ‘We then skipped desserts, but accepted a Pernod as the nightcap.’
- ‘Pour over the wine and drizzle with a little Pernod.’
- ‘His drinks of choice are Pernod, Tequila, Southern Comfort, Jim Beam and any Scotch whisky that costs more than Chivas Regal.’
- ‘Add the Pernod and simmer until reduced by half, about two minutes.’
- ‘He tells her that Pernod isn't good for her, and she scoffs at him.’
- ‘That helped improve operating profit at Pernod's main wine and spirits unit by between 8% and 10% and reduce debt to about E1.8 billion at year end.’
- ‘Add the Noilly Prat or vermouth and Pernod, then cook until reduced right down.’
- ‘The liquorice and aniseed aromas and flavours are so dominant that you could be drinking Pernod or Ricard - at about half the price.’
- ‘Carlos came back with a tray of bottles: Gin, whiskey, Pernod, Fernet Branca and a small bottle of bitters.’
- ‘A half-empty bottle of Pernod sits on his desk beside the box of doughnuts.’
Named after the manufacturing firm Pernod Fils.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.