One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.
- ‘In both cases, the lowering of the local permittivity entails a free energy decrease.’
- ‘These interactions are screened by a dielectric permittivity of the order 10.’
- ‘First, his instrument included a permittivity sensor.’
- ‘He calculated that a material that had a negative permittivity and a negative permeability would also have a negative refractive index.’
- ‘This would be in agreement with previous computer simulations of the permittivity of cytochrome c.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.