One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the long run, when children are treated too permissively, their behavior can become bigger and more drastic.’
- ‘If powers are precisely rather than permissively formulated, procedures to render visible occasions of use are constructed.’
- ‘The technology has numerous other uses, significantly reducing the distribution costs of public domain and permissively shared art and speech.’
- ‘A permissively raised ‘me’ generation that was brought up to think only of itself is bringing back the rule book now that it has children of its own.’
- ‘Well, your Honour, it is a question of what one can permissively do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.