One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A permissively raised ‘me’ generation that was brought up to think only of itself is bringing back the rule book now that it has children of its own.’
- ‘Well, your Honour, it is a question of what one can permissively do.’
- ‘The technology has numerous other uses, significantly reducing the distribution costs of public domain and permissively shared art and speech.’
- ‘If powers are precisely rather than permissively formulated, procedures to render visible occasions of use are constructed.’
- ‘In the long run, when children are treated too permissively, their behavior can become bigger and more drastic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.