Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of organic material) fossilized through the precipitation of dissolved minerals in the interstices of hard tissue.
- ‘Coal balls are concretions of permineralized peat formed in place.’
- ‘He would also have become aware that not all dinosaur bones are permineralized.’
- ‘Large trunks of permineralized wood attest to the latter at least.’
- ‘All three localities yield permineralized peat, which initially formed in a swampy environment.’
- ‘Cells are permineralized in some specimens and thus are measurable.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.