Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of organic material) fossilized through the precipitation of dissolved minerals in the interstices of hard tissue.
- ‘Coal balls are concretions of permineralized peat formed in place.’
- ‘Cells are permineralized in some specimens and thus are measurable.’
- ‘Large trunks of permineralized wood attest to the latter at least.’
- ‘He would also have become aware that not all dinosaur bones are permineralized.’
- ‘All three localities yield permineralized peat, which initially formed in a swampy environment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.