One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of organic material) fossilized through the precipitation of dissolved minerals in the interstices of hard tissue.
- ‘Coal balls are concretions of permineralized peat formed in place.’
- ‘He would also have become aware that not all dinosaur bones are permineralized.’
- ‘All three localities yield permineralized peat, which initially formed in a swampy environment.’
- ‘Large trunks of permineralized wood attest to the latter at least.’
- ‘Cells are permineralized in some specimens and thus are measurable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.