Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The property of allowing the passage of lines of magnetic flux.
- ‘Even though the partition coefficients were in the same order of magnitude, permeances varied by a factor of 3940.’
- ‘Table 1 lets you compare the permeance of some of the vapor retarders used in buildings.’
- ‘The best way to accomplish this is by selecting below-slab moisture protection of extremely low permeance.’
- ‘Maximum effects of temperature were calculated dividing the permeance measured at 55°C by the permeance at 10°C.’
- ‘Temperature is the predominant physical factor influencing the permeance of a barrier.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.