One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt containing the anion MnO₄⁻, typically deep purplish-red and with strong oxidizing properties.
- ‘Histochemical stains confirmed the presence of melanin, since brown pigment removable by permanganate bleaching was demonstrated by Fontana-Masson stain.’
- ‘Congo red staining was resistant to permanganate pretreatment.’
- ‘Each was instructed to wash his hands in a disinfecting permanganate solution.’
- ‘He had very bad luck with the permanganate bleach and recommends the dichromate bleach instead.’
- ‘Histochemical stains for iron and melanin (Fontana-Masson with and without permanganate bleaching) were also reviewed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.