One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The finished trackbed of a railway together with the track and other permanent equipment.‘engineers are repairing the permanent way following the derailment’
- ‘There were men called ‘linemen’ who were responsible for their own stretch of the permanent way (about a mile or so).’
- ‘The two companies have been awarded the tender to construct the permanent way of the Northern Railway line extension project.’
- ‘The system has to follow the Railway Act, under which the Metro Rail will be a permanent way and none can travel on that.’
- ‘The engineering feasibility study found a number of difficulties in the simple reinstatement of the permanent way.’
- ‘Many jobs were no more nor less dangerous than thousands of posts in other walks of life, but for permanent way staff the story was different.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.