Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring around a ventricle, especially a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘There was diffuse, abnormal signal intensity within the periventricular white matter, consistent with post radiation changes.’
- ‘Lesions may be single or multiple, discrete or diffusely infiltrative, and are often deep-seated and periventricular.’
- ‘This new pressure distends the ventricles, stretching surrounding nerve fibers and compressing the periventricular parenchyma.’
- ‘Grossly, calcium deposits are found characteristically in a periventricular location.’
- ‘Perfusion to the periventricular region actually may increase following shunt surgery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.