Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring around a ventricle, especially a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘Perfusion to the periventricular region actually may increase following shunt surgery.’
- ‘Grossly, calcium deposits are found characteristically in a periventricular location.’
- ‘This new pressure distends the ventricles, stretching surrounding nerve fibers and compressing the periventricular parenchyma.’
- ‘Lesions may be single or multiple, discrete or diffusely infiltrative, and are often deep-seated and periventricular.’
- ‘There was diffuse, abnormal signal intensity within the periventricular white matter, consistent with post radiation changes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.