One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring around a ventricle, especially a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘Lesions may be single or multiple, discrete or diffusely infiltrative, and are often deep-seated and periventricular.’
- ‘There was diffuse, abnormal signal intensity within the periventricular white matter, consistent with post radiation changes.’
- ‘Perfusion to the periventricular region actually may increase following shunt surgery.’
- ‘Grossly, calcium deposits are found characteristically in a periventricular location.’
- ‘This new pressure distends the ventricles, stretching surrounding nerve fibers and compressing the periventricular parenchyma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.