Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring around a blood vessel.
- ‘The staining was predominantly located in endothelial and perivascular cells within the tumors.’
- ‘Because the lymphatic vessels are contained in the same perivascular sheath as the blood vessels, this thickening may contribute to the appearance of a thickened dermal layer.’
- ‘Frequently, granular bodies and perivascular lymphoid inflammation are seen.’
- ‘There was vascular proliferation with prominent perivascular cuffs of tumor cells.’
- ‘With microscopic examination, the pertinent findings include organisms lining the inside wall of blood vessels, capillary congestion, and perivascular hemorrhages.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.