One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection either via the blood or after rupture of an abdominal organ.
- ‘Patients who have cirrhosis with ascites are prone to spontaneous bacterial peritonitis.’
- ‘The diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis heralds advanced liver disease.’
- ‘At one time or another, he indicated that he had high blood pressure, peritonitis, and gastritis.’
- ‘In tuberculous peritonitis, the peritoneum is studded with multiple yellow-white tubercles.’
- ‘Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a common complication of cirrhosis, with high mortality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.