Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A mechanical pump in which pressure is provided by the movement of a constriction along a tube, similar to biological peristalsis.
- ‘Thus, the duct may have some limited function as a peristaltic pump.’
- ‘Device applications include dialysis tubing and storage bags, and IV, drainage, endotracheal, and peristaltic pump devices.’
- ‘The IV tubing connected to the bag of saline is loaded onto the peristaltic pump.’
- ‘Applications include microdosing, probe preparation, syringe and peristaltic pump replacement, and lubricant dosing.’
- ‘A gravity fed perfusion system in combination with a peristaltic pump was used to exchange larger solution volumes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.