One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mechanical pump in which pressure is provided by the movement of a constriction along a tube, similar to biological peristalsis.
- ‘A gravity fed perfusion system in combination with a peristaltic pump was used to exchange larger solution volumes.’
- ‘Device applications include dialysis tubing and storage bags, and IV, drainage, endotracheal, and peristaltic pump devices.’
- ‘Applications include microdosing, probe preparation, syringe and peristaltic pump replacement, and lubricant dosing.’
- ‘Thus, the duct may have some limited function as a peristaltic pump.’
- ‘The IV tubing connected to the bag of saline is loaded onto the peristaltic pump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.