One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mechanical pump in which pressure is provided by the movement of a constriction along a tube, similar to biological peristalsis.
- ‘The IV tubing connected to the bag of saline is loaded onto the peristaltic pump.’
- ‘Device applications include dialysis tubing and storage bags, and IV, drainage, endotracheal, and peristaltic pump devices.’
- ‘Applications include microdosing, probe preparation, syringe and peristaltic pump replacement, and lubricant dosing.’
- ‘A gravity fed perfusion system in combination with a peristaltic pump was used to exchange larger solution volumes.’
- ‘Thus, the duct may have some limited function as a peristaltic pump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.